Principles of Conduct:
TO ENSURE THAT ALL PATRONS CAN ENJOY OUR PROGRAMS PLEASE
- PLEASE TREAT ALL STAFF AND FELLOW PATRONS WITH COURTESY AND RESPECT.
- PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST FIFTEEN MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED START TIMES.
- DO NOT HOLD MORE THAN ONE SEAT.
- ALL CELL PHONES MUST BE TURNED OFF OR PLACED ON
VIBRATE. REQUEST HELP IF NEEDED.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK (EXCEPT WATER) IS PERMITTED IN THE LOBBY OR THE
- INDIVIDUAL QUESTIONS MAY BE TAKEN BY SPEAKERS IN THE LOBBY AFTER
LLS patrons are issued a patron account with a unique patron photo ID card that serves as your
tickets to all paid programs..
- If you do not have a patron account, please call (561) 297-3185.
- Lost or damaged patron photo ID cards can be replaced for
a $10 fee.
- You may allow another person to use your patron
ID for a lecture or event you cannot attend. To do so, the person
taking your place must bring your patron ID photo card and
signed, note from the card holder that includes your full name
and patron ID number and their own name and patron ID number
(if they have one) to be shown at the
Purchasing Programs and Attending Lectures:
- The price at the door for one-time, walk-in patrons
is the same for members and non-members.
- To secure parking you should arrive one-half hour before
the scheduled starting time
of the lecture or event.
- All patrons are expected to comply with the rules and procedures
this schedule book and to abide by the following Principles of
- Refunds for annual membership are only available to those who registered for one lecture and the lecture was cancelled.
- All other requests for refunds must be signed, submitted in writing and received by the LLS Office before the date of the first lecture.
- No refunds can be given after lectures begin.
- A $10 processing fee per person will be charged for each lecture series refund. A $5 processing fee per person will be charged for each one-time event / lecture refund.
- Processing refunds for lectures or events paid for by check require the last four digits of your social security number and direct deposit information with your refund request. Refunds for check payments take a significant amount of time to be processed.
- Parking cost is included in your ticket price. All lecture attendees must
register their license plate and state of registration with Lifelong Learning Society. Failure to do so will result in a parking citation.
- Park in COMMUTER SECTIONS ONLY (Identified as Blue Lots.) Lot 15 (marked by bright-orange signs) has been designated for the exclusive use of LLS patrons.
- Disabled tags allow parking in disabled spaces but the vehicle’s registration information must be
on file with Lifelong Learning Society.
- Do not use the visitor-reserved pay stations or meters.
- Park all vehicles "nose-in." "Back-in" parking will be ticketed.
- Lot 15 -
across from the Friedberg Auditorium, has been designated for the
use of LLS patrons. See orange signs. If lot 15 is full, parking
may be available in the
Lot 12 is
the lot designated for parking for the occasional courtesy shuttle
from the Friedberg Auditorium. As a convenience and service to
our patrons, door-to-
door shuttle service is provided on certain days
at specified hours, depending
on enrollments. The schedule of shuttle
service is available in the Gilman Lobby of
the Friedberg Auditorium or on the LLS website at www.fau.edu/lls, under "Shuttle
To get to Lot 12: From the main FAU entrance
on Glades Road go past Lot 15 and the Friedberg Auditorium. At
the 2nd light (Volusia St.), there is signage for Lot 12. Make
a left turn and follow signs to Lot 12. From the Spanish River
Blvd. entrance, make a right-hand turn at the football stadium
stoplight. After going through the next stop light, there is signage
for Lot 12 on the right, make a right turn at Volusia Street, go
to the end past the gym. Signage for Lot 12 will be ahead.
- Lot 16 - South of the
Friedberg Auditorium, only if no space is available in Lot 15..
- Garage 1 - On Volusia
Street, if space is available.
- Lot 10 - North
of lot 15, only if no space is available in Lot 15.
For more information on parking, please see the Directions and Parking Section on the LLS
If an emergency occurs in the auditorium or other venue, tell a staff member, who will call 911. This call will simultaneously go to the FAU Police Department. If an emergency occurs on campus, use
the emergency phones, or ask someone to call 911 for you.