The Emerging Young Leaders is a program designed to enhance the scholarship, personal growth, and social engagement of Freshman & Sophomore FAU students. The program is a semester long initiative that will consist of a calendar of opportunities that will engage students in positive campus and community involvement, which is critical for effective leadership.
Participants will engage in activities such as resume and portfolio building, leadership trainings, workshops and Reading Circles, Diversity Training, and campus wide activities to promote social involvement and community building.
When followed by the Certified Student Leader program, these two programs work to show growth in leadership as a student by first completing the Emerging Young Leaders (EYL) program as a freshman or sophomore and then completing the Certified Student Leader (CSL) program as an upperclassmen or a graduate student. As a result of completing the CSL program you will receive a notation on your official transcript as a “Certified Student Leader” showing you, graduate/professional schools and prospective employers the value you put on leadership.
Completion of the Emergent Young Leaders program awards students with a certificate of completion, and automatically qualifies you as eligible for the Certified Student Leader program.
Want to apply? Click here
Questions about the program? Email: email@example.com
Interested in becoming a mentor for an Emerging Young Leader? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By completing the Emerging Young Leaders program participants will:
- Interact and placement with a specific mentor and other faculty and staff via Mentor pairing, Reading Circles, Leadership Conference and Institutes, and Student Affairs program participation
- Have a working knowledge of The 5 Practices of Exemplary Leadership
- Gain experiences and opportunities through heightened campus involvement awareness
- One orientation, see below
- Attending the annual Student Leadership Conference, iLead (September 20, 2014)
- Be paired with a mentor and meet as determined by mentor and self
- Complete participation in one Leadership Reading Circle
- Select one campus department/office program to participate in (examples to be provided)
- Presentation of experience at EYL Graduation
Emerging Young Leaders Program Schedule
Tuesday, September 2 at 3 p.m.
Thursday, September 11 at 10 a.m.