When is Move-In for fall?
Fall 2014 Move-In is on August 14, 2014. Freshmen students may begin moving-in on August 14, 2014 - 8:30am-12:00 Noon if you live on an even floor, 1:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. if you live on an odd floor. Returning upperclass students may begin moving-in on August 15, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
When are fall fees for housing due?
- September 1, 2014. Payment may be made online at https://myfau.fau.edu .
What are the students going to do between Move-In and the start of classes?
- Each residence hall offers events and activities to keep all students active and engaged.
- In addition, the annual Weeks of Welcome (WOW) begins immediately, and offers numerous events and activities throughout the first few weeks of class. For more information visit the Weeks of Welcome (WOW) website.
Is applying for a Learning Community (LC) the same as applying for housing?
- No, you will need to complete an application for your LC (Learning Community), as well as complete a separate housing contract.
What size are the beds in the residence halls?
- Beds in Algonquin Hall, Glades Park Towers, Heritage Park Towers, Indian River Towers, and Parliament Hall feature extra-long twin beds measuring (36” X 80”). Beds in Parliament Hall are lofted, with desk underneath.
What size are the beds in the apartments?
- University Village Apartments feature extra-long twin beds measuring (36” X 80”)
- Innovation Village Apartments North and South feature standard size full beds.
What furniture comes in the residence halls and apartments?
- Every room on-campus is provided with a bed (extra-long twin 36” X 80” in all buildings except Innovation Village North and South which come with standard full-size beds), desk, desk chair, and dresser in every student room. Indian River Towers, University Village Apartments and Innovation Village Apartments also have furnishings provided in the common areas. Parliament Hall beds are lofted with desk/dresser under the bed.
What size refrigerator can I bring?
- Students living in Innovation Village Apartments North and South are provided with a full-size refrigerator in the kitchen.
- Students living in University Village Apartments are provided with a full-size refrigerator in the kitchen.
- Students living in Algonquin Hall provided with a MicroFridge® unit (combination microwave/refrigerator), but may bring a personal refrigerator measuring 3.6 cubic feet or smaller.
- Students living in all other buildings may bring a personal refrigerator measuring 3.6 cubic feet or smaller.
Is there a rental service for refrigerators and microwaves?
Can I bring pets?
- The only pets allowed are fish kept in tanks which are no larger than 10 gallons. All other pets are prohibited. You are responsible for maintaining the tanks and are responsible for any and all damages caused by the keeping of fish or any unauthorized pets. Any cost associated with the possession of an unauthorized pet will be charged to the responsible resident(s) or to all residents of the room/apartment, (damaged furniture, cleaning, pest control, etc.).
Can I bring a hot plate/grill/coffee maker/toaster?
- No, hot plates, deep fryers, toasters, grills, or any other appliance that have exposed heating elements are NOT permitted in any on-campus residence hall (ALG, HPT, GPT, IRT).
- Items that are permitted in the residence halls include: hot air popcorn poppers, small electric grills (i.e. George Foreman grill; no exposed heating element), toaster ovens, small convection ovens, food processors, crock pots, blenders, electric mixers, coffee makers (that do not have exposed heating elements).
- Toasters are permitted ONLY in University Village Apartments (UVA) and Innovation Village Apartments (IVA).
Can I change my room assignment prior to Move-In/the room transfer process?
- No, once you are assigned to a room you cannot change your assignment until after the 10-day room freeze ends (September 3, 2014).
How long do I have to wait to switch rooms with another student?
- Students must wait until the 10 day room freeze ends at the start of each semester (September 4, 2014), space permitting.
Is there a deadline for roommate requests?
- Yes, the deadline was April 1, 2014.
What is the address of the building I live in?
- Please visit the individual hall pages for specific mailing addresses: