Because of their expected role as campus leaders, Flagler Scholars are required to live on the MacArthur campus until all of their graduation requirements are complete. Many scholarship programs include both a merit and a housing portion; students who do not live in the MacArthur campus residence halls will not receive the residence portion of their scholarships.
After their first three years, students may elect to live on-campus on a space-available basis.
Contracts must be submitted online by logging into your "My FAU" account. Please follow the instructions below. If you have any questions while filling out your contract, you are welcome to call 561-799-8828.
To successfully apply for housing, please follow the steps below:
1. Login to myfau.fau.edu with your username and password. (NOTE: You must have a FAU student ID and password.)
2. Click on the "Students" tab. In the "Housing and Residential Life" section, click on Housing Online. If you see a warning message click "continue". If prompted click "Login" under ApplyOnline. * Depending on when you are applying for Housing, as well as which campus, you will see a drop-down menu of Housing Contract options. Select the correct contract term before clicking "next".
3. Read through the entire contract before agreeing to it! Very important – the FAU Housing Agreement is a legally binding document. It is similar to a lease, so do not submit unless you read and agree to the terms stating that you want to live on campus. Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
If you are required to pay a deposit, the system will notify you and forward you to the online payment site. You may pay by Credit Card or an Electric Check.
4. The next web page is the Housing Contract questions page. Answer all Housing Contract questions as these answers are very important to us. You may select your preference for building and room type on the Living Preference page.
5. Upon successful completion and submission of your online contract, you will see a notification on your screen saying "Thanks for submitting your contract". A copy of this page will be sent to your FAU e-mail account. *If you do not see the "Thanks for submitting your contract" page your submission failed. We will not be able to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the contract.
Request for Exemption
All full-time Honors College students are required to live in University Housing for the first three years of enrollment. Exceptions are made for students who are at least 24 years of age, or students who are married, or have dependent children, or own a home prior to matriculation, or are honorably discharged US military veterans. Students who wish to be exempt must apply prior to the start of the academic year and need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All students are required to have a meal plan while living in University Housing. Students can choose from a 19-meal plan covering all meals offered each week (required of all Freshmen) or a 14-meal plan which allows two meals per day.