The Department of Housing and Residential Life does
not guarantee your choice of residence hall or room
preferences. Assignments are done on a first-come,
first-served basis and on space availability.
To apply for housing, please follow the steps
- You must have a FAU student ID and password.
- Login to
- Enter user name and password.
- Click on the "Students" tab.
- In the "Housing and Residential Life" channel, click on
Housing Online .
- If you see a warning message click "continue".
- If prompted click "Login" under ApplyOnline.
- Depending on when you are applying for Housing, as well
as which campus, you will see a drop-down menu of Housing
Contract options. Select the correct contract term before
- Read through the entire contract before agreeing to
- Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- If you are required to pay a deposit, the system will
display a message.
- The next web page is the Housing Contract questions
page. Answer all Housing Contract Questions as these
answers are very important to us.
- You may select your preference for building and room
type on the Living Preference page.
- If you are required to pay a deposit the system will
forward you to the online payment site. You can pay by
Credit Card or Electronic Check.
- Upon successful completion and submission of your
on-line contract, you will see a notification on your
screen saying "Thanks for submitting your contract". A copy
of this page will be sent to your FAU e-mail account.
If you do not see the "Thanks for submitting your
contract" page your submission failed. We will not be able
to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the
If you want to access your
Housing Assignment and Roommate information follow these
- You must have submitted a Housing Contract or live on
- Login to
- Click on Housing Online .
- If prompted, click "Login" under MyHousing.
- Once on the MyHousing page, you can view your
information, current/future room assignments and roommates,
future roommate requests and any ongoing current/future
room selection processes.
To Select a Roommate:
- Log in to MyHousing.
- In the navigation menu, select "Room Selection" and
- Enter the Z-Number of the student you would like to
request as your roommate/suitemate. Remember:
- the student you are requesting must also have a valid
contract or assignment.
- the roommate request MUST be mutual this means that
he or she will have to request you as well.
- You can select/change roommates before the assignment
process begins in May for the Fall semester or November for
the Spring semester.
Tips for Prospective Students
Spaces are limited and
fill up quickly, so apply early.
There are very few single
rooms, and we cannot guarantee single rooms for everyone
who makes the request. The earlier you apply, the better
your chances will be to get your priority building or
The basic housing
contract covers the Fall and Spring semester; you are
responsible for the terms of the contract.
Housing will make every
attempt to honor roommate requests, however, this is
based upon space availability and the timeliness of
Students living in the
residence halls are required to participate in the Campus
Meal Plan Program. For information, please visit our
Dining Services page.
If you plan to request
special housing considerations based upon a disability or
health concern, you must register with the
for Students with Disabilities (OSD). In order to
register, you must submit an
OSD Application for Support Services
and appropriate documentation of your disability. You
must have registered with
OSD by June 1 for
Fall, November 15 for Spring in order for your request to
here for our contracts and forms.