Wilkes Medical Scholars Program
Wilkes Medical Scholars Program Overview
The Wilkes Medical Scholars Program is a highly selective, early admission program into The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine for students who have a strong desire to pursue a career in medicine. Students receive a B.A. from the Wilkes Honors College in Jupiter and the M.D. degree from FAU's College of Medicine in Boca Raton in seven or eight years.
Admission is open to highly qualified incoming Wilkes Honors College freshman students. Those accepted into the Wilkes Medical Scholars Program are assured of a spot in the medical school provided they successfully complete the program requirements and achieve a minimum score of 29 on the MCAT. Students will take a carefully planned curriculum that will allow them to receive their Bachelor's degree in either 3 or 4 years. Students may concentrate in a variety of disciplines within the liberal arts and sciences and their curriculum will include several medical electives as well as experiential programs during the summer, fall and spring semesters that prepare students for medical school.
Minimum Requirements for Entrance
- SAT minimum score of 1350 (Critical Reading and Math combined) or a minimum ACT composite of 31
- Weighted high school GPA of at least 4.30
- Wilkes Medical Scholars Application
- Letter of recommendation from a counselor or high school teacher
- Recommended but not required—one or more of the following SAT Subject tests: Math Level 2, Biology, Chemistry, Literature
- Highly recommended but not required—experience with patient interaction
- Admitted to FAU and the Wilkes Honors College by February 1
- Medical Scholars Application deadline is February 1
|Mail:||Office of Admissions,
5353 Parkside Drive,
Jupiter, FL 33458
How to Apply:
1. Complete FAU's online application . Must be admitted by February 1st.
2. Complete the Wilkes Honors College online application, indicating on that application that you will be applying for the Wilkes Medical Scholars Program. Must be admitted to the Honors College by February 1st.
3. Complete the College of Medicine application (this includes two short essays). E-mail the completed application as an attachment to email@example.com by February 1st.
4. Letter of recommendation: Arrange for a counselor or high school teacher to send a letter of recommendation to the Honors College by February 1st.
5. Interview: If your overall application is reviewed favorably, you will be invited for an interview at the College of Medicine in Boca Raton, FL.
For further information, click the Additional Program Details tab at the top of this page, or contact the Wilkes Honors College Office of Admissions.