HONORS COLLEGE COMMUNITY CODE
Adopted March 25th, 2011
We, the members of the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College of Florida Atlantic University, agree to uphold and exemplify the following principles on our campus and in our community.
- Strive to create and uphold an academically rigorous and encouraging environment.
- Foster open minds that span across disciplines.
- Create close bonds with the members of the Honors College Community.
- Embrace diversity by respecting people and ideas.
- Maintain honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom.
- Develop through critical thinking, research, and involvement.
About the Code
The Wilkes Honors College Community Code was developed by a group of students specially nominated by members of the faculty and staff. The students proposed the code to the faculty, who then unanimously endorsed it on March 25, 2011. The Community Code will now become part of our fall Convocation Ceremony and, along with the new mission, principles, and vision statements, will be displayed prominently throughout Honors College facilities.
Thank you to those students actively involved in drafting the code:
- Alex Lange
- Drew Culler
- Christina Kirchner
- Nicholas Piccirillo
- Shania Rowell
- Megan Geiger
- Christina Turn
- Lauren Gomez
- Blake Bailey
- Lindsay McCullough
- Joey Praver
- Ashlee Hawk
- Melissa Stiksma