The Wilkes Medical Scholars Program is a highly selective, early admission program into The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine for students who have a strong desire to pursue a career in medicine. Students receive a B.S. from the Wilkes Honors College in Jupiter and the M.D. degree from FAU’s College of Medicine in Boca Raton in seven or eight years.
Admission is open to highly qualified incoming Wilkes Honors College freshman students.Those accepted into the Wilkes Medical Scholars Program are offered conditional admission to the College of Medicine. Students must successfully complete the program requirements and achieve a minimum qualifying MCAT score.
• Old SAT minimum score of 1450 (Critical Reading and Math combined) or a New SAT score of 1490 or a minimum ACT composite of 33
• Weighted high school GPA of at least 4.30
• Medical Pipelines Online Application
• Résumé and letter of recommendation from a counselor or high school teacher emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Recommended but not required—one or more of the following SAT Subject tests: Math Level 2, Biology, Chemistry, Literature
• Highly recommended but not required—experience with patient interaction
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident status
• Admitted to FAU and the Wilkes Honors College before January 15
• Medical Pipelines Application deadline is January 15
|Mail:||Office of Admissions,
5353 Parkside Drive,
Jupiter, FL 33458