- 2006 Ph.D., Marine Molecular Biology, Florida Institute of Technology
- 1994 M.S., Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
- 1980 B.A., Biology, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
- 2008 - present Assistant Research Professor HBOI at FAU
- 2006 - 2007 Senior Research Associate, HBOI
- 2003 - 2006 Research Associate III, HBOI
- 1997 - 2002 Research Assistant III, HBOI
- 1998 - present Adjunct Instructor, Indian River Community College
- 1994 -1997 Biology Instructor, West Washington Co. School Dist.
- 1992 - 1994 Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Southern Illinois University
- 1989 - 1992 Lab Technician III, Jewish Hospital, Pathology Dept.
- 1988 - 1989 Biochemist, Monsanto/Searle
- 1984 - 1988 Research Assistant, Washington Univ. Med. School
- 1980 - 1982 Analyst, Ralston Purina
Aquatic animal health issues, including biosecurity and disease prevention
Aquatic diseases of aquacultured species, with an emphasis on viral diseases of crustaceans and parasitic diseases of bivalves