Field Trip Experiences for Middle and High School Students
Our field trip experiences offer 6 - 12th grade students hands-on activities and a behind-the-scenes tour, giving students a "preview" into the field of Aquaculture. Field trips are scheduled during normal school hours. Picnic tables are available for lunch break. Each field trip is limited to 30 students and one adult chaperone is required for every 10 students.
Cost: $225 per visit (1 hr tour plus 1 hr activity)
Aquaculture Field Trip Activity Menu:
- Digging It - Students learn how to volumetrically count clam seed to estimate production inventory.
- Something Fishy - Students catch, measure and weigh fish to calculate feeding efficiency.
- Splish Splash - Students use water test kits to learn how water quality parameters affect the health and growth of farmed animals.
- Royal Queen - Students measure Queen conch juveniles and learn the importance of this fisheries species.
- Plankton Races – Students learn about plankton and design their own to race against the class.
Contact Amber Garr for additional questions and scheduling.