Fall 2015 Message from the Dean
Deborah L. Floyd
Dean of the Graduate College
Welcome new and returning students! In addition to welcoming you, I want to provide you important information about services, programs, and deadlines that are relevant for graduate students.
- The Graduate College is here to support you as you work toward achievement of our academic goals. Click here for a flyer about Graduate Student Life Services and Programs.
- Do you need help with formatting your thesis or dissertation? Register for one of our free Thesis and Dissertation Writing Workshops in September and October. We also have online tutorials.
- Are you performing research? The Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Workshops will get you acquainted with what is expected of you as a student researcher at FAU.
- The University Library has workshops, such as Library Research, APA Boot Camp, Effective Job Search and more.
- Graduating this semester? Remember to submit your Application for Degree no later than September 4. And visit our site’s I’m Ready to Graduate webpage for a helpful checklist to ensure you are ready. Click here for a flyer of important dates for graduates.
- As you plan your calendar for this term, I hope this Calendar of Fall 2015 events is useful.
As you work with your advisor regarding your Plan of Study (POS), know that we’ve made improvements to serve you better, including:
- Updates to your POS are faster now that you can select multiple courses at a time.
- Revisions can now have a separate deadline, creating a more efficient workflow.
- The Plan of Study summary now has an at-a-glance review of each plan you’ve created.
There are also numerous resources, listed below, to assist with any questions you might have when working in the MyPOS system. If you have further questions regarding MyPOS, please contact Linda Petersen in our Degree Completion Services office: 561.297.1174 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Instruction Manual
- Student Quick Guide
- Student Revision Training Video
- Student Revision Quick Guide
Many new students attended our orientation and received our orientation guide. For those who missed the event, please download a copy of the new Graduate Student Orientation Guide.
Again, welcome! This semester promises to be an exciting one for The Owl Nation. Go Owls!
With best regards,
Deborah L. Floyd, Dean of the Graduate College and Professor
Previous Dean’s Messages
- FAU Announces Dr. Deborah Floyd Dean of the Graduate College
- Fall 2014
- Summer 2014
- Spring 2014
- FAU Announces New Interim Dean of the Graduate College