CITI Training in RCR
CITI – the Collaborative Inter-Institutional Training Initiative – provides access to courses that are designed to be used by institutions and organizations to provide comprehensive training in a variety of areas such as Institutional Review Board (IRB), Good Clinical Practices, Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) and other areas.
Florida Atlantic University provides access to the CITI courses on the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) through partial funding by the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Research Integrity.
CITI offers online training in RCR through five discipline-specific topics listed below. FAU graduate students need only complete one of the CITI course topics to meet RCR training requirements.
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Science
- Business Biotechnology
- Complex Systems and Brain Sciences
- Integrative Biology
- Medical Physics
- Applied Math and Statistics
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology and Management (Business and Engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
Not sure which CITI course to take for RCR? Click on the CITI course topics to locate your degree program/major. If your degree program/major is listed, that CITI course will be best suited for your discipline. Please note this is simply a guide; your research might require a CITI course different than your area of study.
Each CITI course covers the following RCR topic areas: Research Misconduct, Data Management, Conflict of Interest, Collaborative Science, Responsible Authorship, Mentoring, Peer Review, Lab Animals, and Human Subjects.
To access the CITI RCR Training courses, follow these steps:
- Go to www.citiprogram.org
- As a new user, you will need to click Register Here to register
- Select Florida Atlantic University from the Participating Institutions and click submit
- Create a unique username and password and click submit
- Enter your personal information (first name, last name, e-mail) and click submit
- Continue entering additional information (gender, degree, etc.) and click submit
- You should now be able to access the training courses menu. Please scroll down the page for a listing of the RCR Courses and select the course appropriate to your discipline.
You will have the opportunity to print a Training Certificate upon completion of the training course and exam. Please keep an original copy for your records.