for Tuition Purposes
Please click on an item below to read the answer:
- Residency for tuition purposes
- What are the Basic Requirements for Florida Residency?
- How do I determine if I'm a dependent student or an independent student?
- How do I prove financial independence?
- Who is my "claimant"?
- What do I need to provide to prove my claim for Florida residency?
- Special Categories
- I am a Non-U.S Citizen. Do I qualify as Florida Resident for Tuition Purposes?
- Important things to know about establishing Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Appeal Procedures
In cases where a student's residency is denied by the university, they will receive written notification of their residency status along with a Residency Classification Appeal form. Students may appeal their residency? classification decision by submitting a completed Residency Classification Appeal form along with any additional supporting documentation or personal statement. The student's case will be referred to the residency appeal committee for review. The residency appeal committee will render a final decision in writing to the student.? Letters will also be issued for deferred decisions should the committee request additional information.