At Florida Atlantic University we have two Greek Honor Societies that recognize Fraternity & Sorority Life members who uphold core areas of excellence related to the fraternal experience. More information on each of them can be found below.
The Tau Mu chapter of Order of Omega is looking for members of the Greek Life who stand out and fit the purposes of Order of Omega.
Purpose of Order of Omega
To recognize those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternal activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment;
To bring together outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization this will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs.
To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness;
To help create an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across fraternity and sorority lines and to help work out solutions.
Requirements to be in Order of Omega are:
A Grade Point Average of a 3.0 or higher
Must have completed 50 credit hours
A typed application and letters of recommendation will be necessary to apply. Within your application, you will want to describe your involvement in any of these roles.
To complete the process, please place the finished paperw ork in an envelope with your name written on the outside and place it into the Order of Omega mailbox, in the Student Involvement & Leadership Office.
Fraternal Values Society
[VISION] The Society will create, develop, and support the most trusted values congruent fraternal organizations.
[MISSION] To illuminate the central values that guided the historical founding of general fraternities and sororities, and to incorporate these values into the contemporary fraternity and sorority experience.
The Society is an honorary membership organization for select members of our fraternity/sorority community at Florida Atlantic University. The existence of the Fraternal Values Society on our campus will benefit the f/s community in the following ways:
- Provide a home and constant force for the advancement of values congruence, alignment, and the continued relevance of fraternities and sororities;
- Stimulate substantial intellectual development and superior intellectual achievement;
- Empower individuals who live their lives according to the fraternal rituals;
- Opportunities for ongoing values-based dialogue and discourse, for outreach, and re-education of others;
- Assert and promote ethical decision-making skills of all members of fraternal organizations;
- Influence the structures, programs, and traditions in existence not congruent with our shared fraternal values;
- Sponsorship of various educational programs throughout the year;
- Promote conduct consistent with good morals and taste, modeling values congruence;
- Assistance for individuals and organizations who struggle to reach these standards, and confrontation of individuals and organizations who fail to uphold these values;
- Public recognition of individuals and organizations who exemplify their organizational and ethical values.