Minimum Annual Chapter Expectations
Last Updated – June 2012
- Chapter will achieve a cumulative University GPA that meets the all-men’s (for men’s groups), all-women’s (for women’s groups), or all undergraduate cumulative (for co-ed groups) University GPA, respectively.
- Chapter will achieve, through its new member class, a semester University GPA of a 2.5 during the semester in which the new member period takes place.
- Chapter will have a minimum GPA standard for potential members to join.
- Chapter will have a minimum cumulative University GPA standard for current members to remain in good standing within the organization/chapter.
- Chapter will be in good standing with their inter/national organization.
- Chapter will be in good disciplinary standing with Florida Atlantic University.
- Chapter will send expected representatives to all Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life sponsored programs, events, or meetings. Whenever possible, expected attendance will be shared at least 4 weeks prior to each program.
- Chapter will be in compliance with all policies and procedures associated with being a registered student organization, through the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership.
- Chapter will submit a complete Standards of Excellence packet, through the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life.
- Chapter, through their Chapter President, will hold monthly meetings with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life.
- Chapter will have an active advisory team or sponsoring graduate chapter of at least 5 non-student volunteers. A member from this advisory team/graduate chapter will represent the organization at all advisor meetings, scheduled by the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life.
- Chapter will conduct membership recruitment/membership intake each academic year.
- Chapter will initiate 75% of new members who started the new member process.
- Chapter will hold Ritual education for all members within 72 hours of every initiation or at least once a semester.
- Chapter will send expected representatives to governing council (CPA, IFC, MGC, NPHC) sponsored programs, events, and meetings.
- Chapter will have a minimum of 75% of all members successfully complete the UniLOA Survey.
- Chapter will participate in Up ‘til Dawn (charitable fundraising event), sponsored by the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life and the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership.
- Chapter will have at least one (1) chapter officer attend an inter/national leadership/membership development program (regional conference, national convention, national leadership programs, UIFI, LeaderShape, etc.) annually.
- Chapters will engage in a minimum of one (1) HANDS-ON community service project each semester. If applicable, it is recommended that the service efforts are done toward the national philanthropy of the organization.
- In addition to Up ‘til Dawn, chapter will engage in a minimum of one (1) charitable fundraising initiative each semester. If applicable, it is recommended that the fundraising efforts are raised toward the national philanthropy of the organization.
- Chapter will engage in at least two (2) university-wide events (sponsored outside of Fraternity & Sorority Life) each semester. These programs may include, but are not limited to: Weeks of Welcome, Homecoming, LEAD, Parent & Family Weekend, etc.
Chapter will maintain an official website and/or social media site that includes, at minimum, the following:
- Updated contact information
- Detailed information on the membership process, including the complete membership requirements
Find out what Minimum Annual Chapter Expectations chapter's are meeting by clicking HERE.