Winter Leadership & Immersion Trip
What is it?
The Winter Leadership & Immersion Tip will bring together 12 fraternity and sorority student leaders from our chapters in 5 full days of immersion, values development, leadership development and service in New Orleans, LA.
- Participants will be immersed in the culture of a community that is different their own. Engaging opportunities will provide participants with a true perspective of the community and of those who live within it. (Immersion)
- Participants will explore their personal values, the values of their fraternal organization, and the values of fellow participant’s organizations. Participants will take part in large group reflection and values-based discussion throughout the experience. (Values Development)
- Participants will develop recognition of the significance of using fraternal values as a basis to lead and address community needs and issues. (Leadership Development)
- Participants will spend the greater part of the experience engaged in service throughout the city of New Orleans, both as an FAU delegation and with members of the local community. (Service)
Who can go?
Any undergraduate member of an FAU social fraternity or sorority, who:
- Is in good standing with their organization
- Holds a University cumulative GPA above a 2.5
There are only 12 slots for this trip and students will be selected based on their application, so please be thoughtful when completing the online application.
How much does it cost?
For those students who get selected, the only cost you will need to incur is your air travel to/from your home airport to New Orleans, LA (MSY). We encourage selected participants to seek funding from their chapters for this expense.
ALL other program costs associated with the trip will be covered by the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact
Keith Hembree, Assistant Director for Fraternity & Sorority Life at firstname.lastname@example.org