Florida Atlantic University is responsible for monitoring and reporting Standards of Progress and all Enrollment Status Changes of Students utilizing VA Educational Benefits as detailed in the catalog.   Failure to report changes, can cause delays in processing times of benefits as well as create overpayments.  Overpayments will result in owing money to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Please report the following changes to the Veterans Affairs Representative via email to:  Jason Morgenthal, Veterans’ Affairs Representative and Certifying Official jmorgent@fau.edu


Academic Policies and Regulations

For more information, please reference to the University Catalog

Academic Probation
Address Change :  Complete form VA 20-572
Change of Major   (See Change of Instruction Procedures for CH 30, CH 35, and CH 1606 so that benefits may continue without a delay)  
Drop/Add and Withdrawal
Exceptional Circumstance Withdrawal (Medical Withdrawal)
Incomplete Grades   (VA does not pay for no-punitive grades (i.e.  Incompletes).  It must be resolved into a punitive grade (i.e. A, B, C, D, F) within 1 year.  Otherwise, it will be reported to the Department of Veterans Affairs as an overpayment.  
Satisfactory Academic Record  (From the time your GPA falls below 2.0 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduates, you have one year to bring that GPA up.  Otherwise, this information will be reported to the Department of Veterans Affairs at which point you will not be eligible for VA Benefits)  
Unsatisfactory Conduct




Privacy Policy | University Regulations and Policies | Emergency Information | Get Help | Contact Us

An Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution
© Copyright 2014. Florida Atlantic University.
Florida Atlantic University
 Last Modified 8/26/12