FAU Bookstore Line of Credit Program
In addition to the Short Term Advance, eligible Financial Aid recipients may receive a $400 line of credit for textbook purchases from the FAU Bookstore. The line of credit can be used for online and in store textbook purchases only. The amount of the line of credit used will be posted as a charge to the student's FAU account. Students who meet the eligibility criteria listed below will be notified of their eligibility for this program via their FAU email .
The program is available starting Monday of the week prior to the start of each term and expires in store at 5 p.m. on Friday of drop/add week. The FAU Bookstore will confirm the student's eligibility for this program (and notify students whose program eligibility is not confirmed) as part of the order fulfillment process.
FAU BOOKSTORE LINE OF CREDIT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
To be eligible to participate in the FAU Bookstore Line of Credit Program, the student must be meeting ALL of the criteria below a minimum of 12 days prior to the start of the term .
- The student must be admitted to a degree granting program at FAU
- The student must have an accepted award
- The student must be enrolled at least half-time (see the Financial Terms and Conditions of Awards for definition of half time)
- The student must have a Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress status which is eligible for financial aid (students may review their Satisfactory Academic Progress status on the Financial Aid Status tile of MyFAU Self Service).
- As the line of credit will be repaid from your aid disbursements, the student must not have any disbursed aid for the current term.
- As the line of credit program is a non-institutional charge, the student must provide FAU authorization to apply any federal financial aid funds disbursed to their account towards any non-institutional charges on their account for the same aid year (see below for authorization details).
FEDERAL FUNDS AUTHORIZATION:
Program regulations permit students to authorize use of Title IV financial aid funds for non-institutional expenses (such as books, parking, health fees, etc.). If you are eligible for Federal financial aid in excess of tuition and fees, and you wish to use this excess to cover non-institutional charges including books, you must authorize Florida Atlantic University to pay these charges from your account balance.
You may provide this authorization (or confirm that you have an authorization on file) by completing the following steps:
- Log on to MyFAU
- Click on the "FAU Self-Service" link on the left hand side of the page.
- Click on the "Financial Aid" tile box
- Click on the "FAU Title IV Federal Authorization Form" tile box.
This authorization is valid for funds in excess of tuition and fees, based on your financial aid eligibility and enrollment status.
You may rescind this authorization at any time. If the authorization is rescinded, future Title IV aid disbursements applied to your account will not pay any non-institutional charges. Please be aware that ANY unpaid past-due charges on your account will prohibit you from future FAU registration, obtaining transcripts, and may result in the assessment of additional late payment and/or collection fees in the future.
As part of meeting the eligibility criteria for the FAU Bookstore Line of Credit Program listed above, you must submit your FAU Title IV Federal Authorization form a minimum of 12 days prior to the first day of classes.
Note: When processing a transaction using the FAU Bookstore Line of Credit option (referred to as the “student financial aid” option at checkout), and the order exceeds your approved and available line of credit amount, you will need to provide an alternate option of payment before submitting your order. If no other payment option is on the order, the order will not be processed.
If you are eligible for this program, you may purchase textbooks online at www.shopfau.com or visit the FAU Bookstore.