Building (69), Rm. 133
For all EMERGENCY CALLS dial 9-1-1
University Status Hotline
What is a medical emergency?
• Serious injury or illness.
What do I do if there is a medical emergency occurring or one has occurred?
• Call 911. Paramedics and ambulance service will be notified immediately.
• Stay, or have someone else stay, with the patient until help arrives.
• Do not move the patient; keep the patient still and comfortable.
• Stay out of the way unless assistance is requested once help arrives.
This should be done regardless of whether the individual is an employee, student or visitor.
What information will I be asked when reporting a medical emergency?
• Where is aid needed?
• What type of problem, individual’s condition?
• What is the medical history, if known?
• What happened (sequence of events)?
What should I do as a student, or if I see a student, with a minor illness or injury on campus?
• Go or refer the student to the nearest
Florida Atlantic University Student Health Services location.
• Report the injury to University Police.
What should I know as an employee about injury and illness reporting?
• The Department of Human Resources, Employee Relations, administers Worker's Compensation for Florida Atlantic University.