Faculty Resources >
Promotion & Tenure
Promotion & Tenure
Honors College Promotion and Tenure Guidelines (2011 version)
Honors College Promotion and Tenure Guidelines (2007 version)
Annual Evaluation Criteria
Provost's Memo and P and T Materials
Templates for P&T Portfolio (Word documents):
5A. Teaching and Advising
5B. Quantitative Teaching Data
5E. Advising Table
7. Service Table
Promotion & Tenure Schedule
Fall Promotion and Tenure
- May: materials for internal and external reviewers should be sent out
- 1st Friday in September- last day for candidates to submit information to Program Assistant to Associate Dean for inclusion in the portfolios
- 2nd Friday in September- deadline for candidates to present finished portfolios ready for committees to begin review
- 1st Week in October- P&T full professors meet to discuss cases for promotion to professor
- 2nd Week in October- P&T meeting to discuss tenure/promotion cases
- Last Week in October- reports of college P&T committee to candidates (with copies in portfolios)
- 1st Week in November- candidate has 5 days to respond to committee report (by this date)
- 2nd Week in November- meeting with candidates, chair of P&T, and Dean
- 3rd Week in November-candidate has 5 days to respond (by this date)
- Dec. 7: portfolios are due in Provost's Office
Spring Third-Year Review (Fall TYR deadlines in parentheses)
- Portfolio prepared for evaluation –3rd Tuesday in February (September).
- Committee Report to the P&T committee – 3rd Tuesday in March (October).
- Discuss committee report with candidates -3rd Friday in March (October).
- Committee Letter to the candidate and Dean – 1st Tuesday in April (November).
- Candidate’s Response — 2nd Tuesday in April (November).
- Dean’s letter – 3rd Tuesday in April (November).
- Meeting of Candidate, P&T Chair, TYR Chair and Dean –4th Tuesday in April (Nov.).
- Candidate’s Response –1st Tuesday in May (December).