Homeless Verification Process
FAU Philosophy: Florida Atlantic University recognizes the diverse student populations across our campuses. It is our mission to address the needs of students who come from challenging backgrounds such as the foster care system or homelessness. These populations may be eligible for additional support in regards to finances and resources on or off campus. Please complete the Homeless Verification form on this page, so that we may begin the process of finding resources to assist you.
Financial Aid All students are encourage to complete the FAFSA as well as meet with their financial aid counselor. Click here to visit the FAU Finacial Aid website.
Housing Live in the heart of campus. Information and availability of on-campus housing may be located at, fau.edu/housing/.
Beyond Food Program FAU's Beyond Food Program is a holistic program that utilizes the expertise of various on and off campus resources in assisting FAU students in need to raise their food security level to persist toward academic success. Furthermore, based on the availability of donations we would like to serve any FAU student by providing a three-day emergency supply of canned and/or non-perishable food to those experiencing food insecurity. To learn more about this program, visit the FAU Beyond food website.
Employment There are multiple opportunities for employment on-campus. Students take on-campus jobs because management is flexible with hours, and students can work and study, take classes on campus, and cut down on travel.
- Owl CareerLink is a centralized job portal where students can find internships, part-time, and full-time positions both on and off- campus. Students have access by logging in here.
- Listings for student employment opportunities are located at, jobs.fau.edu/. Use the "Position Type" drop-down menu and select "Student."
- You will find information about FAU food service job opportunities with Dine on Campus.
- In addition to on-campus opportunities, the University offers information on off-campus jobs. Click here for more information.
Housing Information regarding off-campus housing may be located at offcampushousing.fau.edu.
Community helpline and crisis hotline resources External resources are available to help those in need. See below for helpful resources.
- Palm Beach and Broward County Help Lines
Call 2-1-1, or visit 211palmbeach.org or 211-broward.org
- 2-1-1 Palm Beach/Treasure Coast and 2-1-1 Broward are 24-hour comprehensive help lines that connect individuals in crisis to resources in the community for information they may need for health and human services support.
- Boca Helping Hands (two miles from FAU Boca Raton Campus)
1500 NW 1st Court
Boca Raton, FL 33432
The Boca Helping Hands (BHH) hot lunch program is offered Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. To register for the BHH Pantry Program, visit BHH Monday - Friday, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.