The Dean of Students Office exists to assist students in achieving their educational goals by offering assistance with academic matters, health and well-being, leadership and student development with respect and individualized attention. This support fosters student retention, persistence and graduation and also reinforces the mission of Florida Atlantic University’s Division of Student Affairs by:
1. Providing a process that enables a student to apply for withdrawal from all classes when an exceptional circumstance prevents them from succeeding academically.
2. Promoting awareness of the Student Code of Conduct process; educate students regarding their rights and responsibilities and hold students accountable for their behaviors.
3. Promoting awareness about relevant university and community resources for military and veteran students.
4. Providing mentorship opportunities for students to develop leadership skills, civic engagement and increased knowledge of university resources.
5. Coordinating and facilitating the intervention and management of students exhibiting at-risk or dangerous behavior in order to foster personal and campus safety.
6. Focusing the University community’s awareness of the developmental needs and special challenges of students as it promulgates policies, develops programs, and considers the utilization of its resources.