Emergency Services

If you or a friend are experiencing a psychological emergency and there is immediate risk of harm to self or others, the quickest way to get help is to call 911

During the Day (Normal Business Hours)

CAPS provides crisis intervention services during our normal business hours.  To be seen for an emergency appointment, call our office or simply walk into the center.  Be sure to inform the receptionist that you are experiencing a crisis and we will make every effort to respond to your situation as quickly as possible.


Boca Raton Campus

Jupiter Campus

Davie Campus

Monday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.

Evenings and Weekends

In an immediate emergency, CALL 911.   Otherwise, choose the option that best suits your needs:

  • CAPS Crisis Line


If you (or a friend) are experiencing distress and need someone to talk with in the middle of the night or on the weekend, please call the CAPS's main number, follow the prompts and you will be immediately connected to a licensed therapist. This service cannot change or schedule appointments. The after-hours crisis counselor is available when the CAPS is closed.

  •  2-1-1 United Way of Broward and Palm Beach Counties - A local 24hr hotline that assists in suicide prevention as well as information and referrals to health, social, and human services.

               Dial 2-1-1  

  •  ULifeline - A nationwide 24hr service that forwards your call to the nearest crisis hotline 

               1-800-273-TALK (8255)

  •  FAU Victim Services - A 24hr resource and support service for anyone in the University community who has been a victim of actual or threatened violence.

                (561) 297-0500

  •  University Police Department, Non-Emergency

              Click here for UPD information.

  •  Florida Poison Information Center


Medical Issues

  • Please visit the After Hours Care services website provided by Student Health Services

              Click here for Student Health Services information.


If you are wanting to consult about a student in distress or refer a student, the Dean of Students Office may also be of assistance to you. Click here for information about working with students in distress. 





 Last Modified 3/26/15