Travel Guard - Business Travel Services
To support ongoing efforts to provide quality corporate travel services and reduce travel costs, Florida Atlantic University employees will transition to the industry-leading travel services system of Travel Guard - Business Travel Services streamlines the reservation process by providing capabilities for online self-bookings and profile management, integrated with the increased efficiencies of 24/7 telephone counselor availability.
Effective May 1, 2009, all online booking travel services will transition to Florida Atlantic University/Travel Guard - Business Travel Services. Travelers and travel arrangers will receive the same personalized benefits they do today, including phone-based counselor assistance, customer service and other travel-related issue management support. New to some Florida Atlantic University travelers will be the self-booking tool, along with help desk support for self-bookings. Profile updates and travel arrangements booked online can immediately be accessed by Florida Atlantic University/Travel Guard - Business Travel Services counselors.
Corporate and traveler benefits include:
- Convenience – 24/7 online access from home, office or on the road. When assistance is needed for more complex reservations, a Travel Guard - Business Travel Services counselor is just a phone call away.
- Control – Exceptional accuracy, with profile self-management of personal travel data and travel preferences.
- Cost savings – Reservations made via networked operations increase service efficiencies, while self-booked reservations without counselor assistance reduce service fees.
- Traveler tracking in emergency situations – Travel Guard - Business Travel Services integrated system offers quick and easy tracking of travelers in emergency situations.
- Worldwide Travel Assistance - assistance for stranded or delayed travelers, emergency medical assistance and concierge services.
As with any transition, communication is critical to success. Travelers and travel arrangers will receive essential information through existing communication vehicles and targeted e-mails in the weeks prior to May 1, 2009 when the transition to Florida Atlantic University/Travel Guard - Business Travel Services is complete. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact Denise Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org or 561.297.2626.