Assistant Vice President, Financial Affairs/ University Controller
Responsible for the University’s Finance and Accounting operations and the maintenance of its financial records and financial reports. Manage, direct and control nine departments with a budget of $1.46 million out of a $355 million university budget. Departments including Payroll, Bursar (including Accounts Receivable), Accounts Payable and General Disbursements, General Accounting and Financial Statement Maintenance, Property Management, Insurance and Cash Management, Administrative Travel Services , Student Financial Services, and tax return preparation and compliance. Responsible for the interpretation of federal, state and University laws, rules and regulations.
Responsible for the Institution’s accounting practices, the maintenance of its financial records and the preparation of its budget and financial reports. Functional areas of responsibility for the Institution’s $128 million operating budget and $400 million of endowment and pension funds include general accounting, budgeting and financial analysis, treasury and cash management, internal auditing, regulatory compliance, accounts receivable, payroll, and property management. Primary contact with the Institution’s public accountants and regulatory agencies, including responsibility for the calculation and negotiation of the indirect cost recovery rates. Instrumental in the issuance of a $50 million bond issue including selection of investment banker, bond council, preparation of information for schedule A for the rating agency and all supporting documentation. Committee member responsible for the redesign of the Institution’s defined benefit retirement plan.
Accomplishments include the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning financial and administrative system (Sungard Bi-Tech). Project leader for development and implementation of Cognos Enterprise Planning Series ten year rolling forecast, which includes scenario planning, assumptions and reporting.
Manager of Budgets and Financial Analysis
Responsible for the development and implementation of the Institution’s annual operating and capital budgets in accordance with financial and regulatory policies and procedures. Prepared key indicators for evaluating the financial health of the Institution including monthly and quarterly financial projections.
Accomplishments include the implementation of a web-based budgeting system and a web-based financial query and reporting system used by all employees.
General Accounting Administrator
Accomplishments include the streamlining of the monthly accounting close from 20 working days to 5 working days. Shortened the timing of producing a 26 page financial statement from 6 weeks to the 15th day following of the close of a month, streamlined the year end closing process from 4 months to 21 working days.
Sparrow, Johnson & Ursillo
Responsible for the planning, execution and finalization of the financial statement audit and tax returns for clients in the not for profit, manufacturing and distribution industries. Other responsibilities included recruitment of professional staff and primary responsibility for the firm’s training program for their audit software.
McGladrey & Pullen
Responsible for the planning, execution and finalization of the financial statement audit and tax returns for clients in the not for profit and hospitality industries. Audits included financial statement and A-133.
- Spending Guidelines
- Accounts Payable Mission
- Accounts Payable External Links
- Accounts Payable Forms
- Accounts Payable Policies & Procedures
- Supplier Invoice Workbench
- Create Supplier Request
- Payment Types Document
- Supplier Invoice "How To"
- Find Purchase Orders "How To"
- Payment Request "How To"
- Establish Delegations "How To"
- Helpdesk Ticket for Suppliers
- FIS HOME (formerly AFTSS)
- General Accounting Mission
- Financial Statements
- Financial Closings
- General Accounting External Links
- General Accounting Policies & Procedures
- Banner to Workday Crosswalk
- Helpdesk Ticket for Journal Entries
- Banner to Workday Terminology Glossary
- Create Journal Job Aid - with Grant worktag
- Create Journal Job Aid - without Grant worktag
- View Trial Balance Job Aid
- Accessing the 1098T Form
- Advanced Registration Notice
- American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credit 1098T
- Authorized Users
- Bright Future Scholarship Information
- Cashier's Office
- Collection Fees
- Contact Information
- Direct Deposit Online Instructions
- Employee Online Payment Instructions
- Fees Defined
- Fee Payment Information Bulletin
- Florida Prepaid College
- Florida Prepaid Master Covenant 2013-14
- Florida Prepaid Q & A Notice
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to Important Information
- Login Problem
- Online Payment and Instruction Guide
- Payment Plans
- Registration and Transcript Holds for Balances Due
- Student Billing
- Student FAQs
- Student Financial Links
- Student Forms
- Student Mission
- Student Policies & Procedures
- Student Privacy & Parental Access
- Tuition & Fees General Information
- Tuition Breakdown
- Wire Transfers