PAYROLLMANUAL CHECK REQUEST PROCEDURES
Manual checks will only be cut once on the Friday after the payday. A manual check will only be processed due to an administrative error that cannot be corrected on the next payroll run.
An administrative fee of $25 will be charged to the department for any approved manual check request. Please Include the BANNER Index # to be charged on the request.
Administrative errors do not include the following:
- Late contracts
- Late submission of Time Card by the employee
- Incorrect leave usage
Please keep in mind that Manual checks are to be used for those individuals who will suffer financial hardship if not paid on that date, otherwise they will receive back pay when payroll receives the contract for processing.
The following must be in place before a Manual Check will be processed:
- Contract must be in the Banner system, free of any errors or missing data
- Request is due to payroll by 12 noon the Monday after pay day
- The Manual Check Request Form must be completed
- Back up documentation must be attached to the request as to why this person was not paid on the original payroll run
- Contract must be submitted approximately 3-4 weeks before the pay date to ensure that an employee will be paid on time
- Manual checks will not be issued for late contracts
- Payroll will call the department when checks are ready to be picked up
- Direct deposit is not available for manual checks
- Minimum requirement of 16 hours of pay for all manual check requests
- Manual check requests that do not fall under these guidelines will be processed as a back pay on the next bi-weekly payroll
Thank you for your cooperation,
Florida Atlantic University Payroll Department