Thank you for your interest in becoming an SI Leader and/or Tutor for Florida Atlantic University!
Applications for SI Leaders and/or Tutors are due by noon on the following dates: Summer/Fall 2015: Friday, February 27, 2015
If you are interested in employment with the CLASS Office, please feel free to complete our online application located at the bottom of this page. All important information is on the application.
Please read the following information prior to applying for any of our positions:
1. Click (here) for more information regarding Supplemental Instruction.
2. Training is mandatory for all new and returning SI Leaders. Please plan accordingly if you want a position with the Center for Learning And Student Success.
3. Mandatory team meetings/trainings will be held on Fridays from 3-5:00 pm. If your schedule can accommodate these times to be free, we suggest you make that accommodation.
4. To be considered, you must have received an A or A- in the course for which you're applying and maintain a cumulative FAU GPA of no less than a 3.0. These are the minimum requirements.
5. You must be able to provide your schedule of availability by denoting the times in which you will NOT be available in the respective semester in which you are hired. This includes classes and other obligations. Click (here) for a schedule of availability template to use. Completed schedules of availability can be emailed to email@example.com.
SI Applicant Tips:
1. If you know what course you're interested in, try to adjust your personal course schedule around the classes you'd like to be an SI leader for. Part of the SI position is attending the supported class lectures during the term, so be available when those courses meet.
2. Be available for the mandatory trainings. Overall availability may make the difference in hiring one equally qualified person over another.
3. Attend sessions now. Get to know the program. Research FAU's SI program and get familiar with the SI model. The more you know coming into an interview, the better off you'll be.
4. Register for classes as soon as possible. Make appointments with appropriate advisors well in advance of the application deadline.
5. If invited for an interview, be on-time and ready to impress. The applicant pool is traditionally very competitive, so be ready to shine as brightly as possible.
6. Be yourself!
If you are committed to being a part of our team, we encourage you to apply by clicking on the link below!