Women in STEM LC
The Women in STEM LC is only open to women who are majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, You will have the chance to meet and study with other women in those majors. STEM fields are highly competitive and we want the women of FAU to learn how to be the front runners in these fields. In your SLS 1503 & 1412 courses you will work with women who are top-notch in the STEM fields to find out what you need to do in order to get ahead!
Women in STEM LC students will be registered for the following courses for the fall semester:
- English Composition I: ENC 1101 or English Composition II: ENC 1102 (3 credits)
- Learning Strategies & Human Development: SLS 1503 (2 credits)
- Learning Community Experience: SLS 1412 (0 credit)
- MATH Course. This will be based on your score on the ALEKS Math Placement Test (www.fau.edu/mathplacement)
Courses dependent on major:
- Fundamentals of Engineering & Lab: EGN 1002 (3 credits) and
- Engineering Chemistry & Lab : EGN 2095 (4 credits)
- General Chemistry & Lab: CHM 2045 (4 credits) or Introduction to Chemisty: CHM 1025 (3 credits) or another course (TBD) from FAU's IFP.
Classes/Times/Days are subject to change.