Council for Excellence in Undergraduate Education
1. Introduction of new members
Dr. Sandy Norman, Interim Dean of the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters, Dr. Gary Perry, Dean of the Charles E. Schmidt College of Science and Dr. Charles Brown, Vice President for Student Affairs were introduced as new members of the Council.
2. Review of CEUE purpose
This being the first meeting of the 2006-07 academic year, the purpose of the Council was reviewed.
3. Selection/election of a Chairperson
Dr. Anthony Lombardo was selected to replace the former chair, no longer at FAU, as chair the Council.
4. Consideration of establishing a regular meeting time for the Council
Establishment of regular meeting times was approved.
5. Distribution and discussion of interim report of former Chair, Bill Covino
The interim report of the former Council chair was reviewed.
6. CEUE charge to the Core Curriculum Task Force
It was agreed that the Council would issue a charge to the Core Curriculum Task Force.
7. Future work - things proposed for the CEUE's consideration that it has not gotten to yet - examples are Mission Statement and Goals for the lower division; incentives for enhanced faculty participation; use of technology in pedagogy
Possible future work was discussed.