The Center for eLearning announces a new eCertification program that is open to all full-time and part-time FAU faculty. Faculty who successfully complete all milestones will receive badges toward final certification and a $500 stipend. This faculty development program introduces faculty to the fundamentals of online course facilitation and design.
There are two pathways to certification:
- Cohort: a department or program can choose to move through the training as a collaborative unit with a fixed start and end date.
- Self-paced: a faculty member can move through the training at their own pace with the support of our instructional design team at various milestones along the way.
Topics covered include:
- Basic online technology
- Teacher presence in online courses
- Building community in your course
- Developing assessments for online students
- Communicating in the online classroom
- Course objectives and alignment
- Designing and facilitating active learning
- Designing and facilitating online collaboration