The 8 week eCertification workshop is structured so that the faculty member is building an online course (or revising an existing one) as they move through the different units. Though the courses will be built in Blackboard, this is not a training on how to use Blackboard. This workshop is focused on best practices in course design and facilitation.
- Each unit includes a milestone to complete before moving forward.
- There is one written reflection and a practical application milestone per badge.
- The assessments/milestones are activities that are part of the course building processes (i.e., creating unit objectives, constructing a course blueprint, creating active learning content, creating a teacher presence plan, etc.).
- The time commitment will be anywhere from 2-4 hours per week depending on the level of previous experience with online learning.
- Completion of each milestone earns a badge.
- Collecting all badges earns eLearning Designer/Facilitator certification.
- Successful completion of all the badges earns a $500 stipend.
The workshop can be done fully online or hybrid and is self-paced though we do encourage people to try to set a time frame of 8 weeks. You will be supported by the Center for eLearning instructional design team as you move through the workshop.
Please email Julie Golden, Assistant Director of eLearning email@example.com for more information. We look forward to sharing in your eCertification journey!