Career Fair Policies
The Florida Atlantic University Career Development Center coordinates career fairs to provide students an opportunity to network with employers and learn about job opportunities. For employers, this is an opportunity to create awareness of their organization and seek potential candidates. Career Day and Technical Fair is coordinated on a bi-annual basis during each fall and spring semester. Each semester the Career Day and Technical Fair kicks-off the recruiting season. In addition, during the year the Career Development Center offers targeted career events and recruitment programs.
Cancellations, No Shows, & Payment Policies:
- All fees and changes are due two weeks before the event.
- Should you need to cancel your registration, you may request a refund of your registration fee. All cancellations must be received in writing to the Career Development Center (CDC). Please contact Marcy Zaslow at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration. Cancellations received by cancellation deadline will receive a full refund. Any cancellation received after the cancellation deadline will not be granted a refund.
- If you register, pay, and do not show for the career fair/event, your registration fee will not be refunded. Please keep in mind there are other organizations desiring admission to the event and your no show may prohibit other organizations from participating. Additionally, should you register for the event and not pay, and then do not show for the event, you will still be responsible for paying the registration fee.
- Any outstanding bills for previous career fairs/events (including outstanding bills from prior Career Days events) will prevent participation in future Career Development Center sponsored events and will revoke account access to OWL CareerLink and the use of the the Career Development Center services in the future. Please keep in mind there are other organizations desiring admission to the Career Day. Your no show may prohibit other organizations from participating.
- A late registration fee of $50.00 will be applied on registrations received after the early registration deadline.
- If space is available, same day registration may be accommodated.
- Recruiters may only identify and recruit candidates for employment and/or their academic programs. Recruiters may not sell their products/services or solicit future purchases of products/services.
- Employers must adhere to equal opportunity laws and principles for employment professionals as outlined in the National Association of Colleges & Employers "Principles for Professional Practice."
- The Career Development Center is not responsible for parking tickets and cannot waive or appeal them.