College of Business Internships for Credit
The College of Business (COB) Internship for Credit Program is a unique opportunity to obtain upper level management elective while participating in an internship. There is an on-line class (MAN4940 or MAN6943) taken concurrently with the internship.
Please note that there are additional internship opportunities within the COB and FAU. Various departments offer their own internship programs and you should check with that department for details. Marketing, Health Administration, ITOM and Hospitality Management are a few that have other programs.
Also, the FAU Career Center coordinates a Co-op/Internship Program through which students may be eligible to receive credit.
Steps to Obtain an Internship for Credit
- Employer posts a job in OWL CareerLink
- Student registers in OWL CareerLink and finds an internship
- Student emails a copy of his/her unofficial transcript to Dr. Donna Cooke: email@example.com
- Information on the application is verified
- The student will be asked to submit an internship overview report to the professor; instructions and form will be given via email
- If everything checks out the student will receive an email informing him/her that she/he has permission to sign up for MAN4940 or MAN6943
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Currently enrolled in the College of Business
- Senior standing or higher
- Overall GPA 2.5 or higher
- Past or present work experience in not acceptable
- Course description from the FAU undergraduate academic catalog: Prerequisites: MAN 3025 and (ENT 4025 or MAN 3611 or MAN 4046 or permission of instructor) and three additional hours in core courses, all with minimum grades of "C"; Business majors of senior standing only; overall FAU GPA of 2.5 or greater; instructor approval of intended internship; course must be applied for in the semester prior to the intended internship
- Register with the Career Center through OWL Careerlink
- Complete two (2) student internship evaluations (mid-term and end of the term)
- Semester based (Spring, Summer term 1 and Fall)
- Internships can be paid or non-paid
- Undergraduate: MAN4940 (1 to 4 credits)
- Graduate: MAN6943 (1 to 3 credits)
- 1 credit = 8-11 hours work/week
- 2 credits = 12-17 hours work/week
- 3 credits = 18-25 hours work/week
- 4 credits = 25+ hours work/week
- Class can only be counted in a student's program once. COB student may receive internship credit only 1 time.