The Department of Campus Recreation provides outdoor equipment gear rental for FAU Students and Rec Members. Equipment can be reserved in advance for future use or for day of rentals by visiting the Base Camp Office located inside the Recreation and Fitness Center.
Outdoor Equipment and Rates
Base Camp Hours
Outdoor Equipment Rental Policies
- Reservations must be made by current FAU students or Campus Recreation Members.
- Rental fees will be charged at equipment pick up.
- Students/Members are responsible for returning equipment dry, clean, correctly packaged, complete and on time in order to avoid additional fees.
- Campus Recreation will inspect all equipment once it is returned to ensure that all items have been received and are in good working condition.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the reservation’s start (including cancellations made due to inclement weather or change of plans) will receive no refund.
Fees for Lost/Damaged Equipment
- While our rates assume some wear and tear will occur during use, renters are responsible for the cost of repairing any damaged equipment or replacing lost items.
- The lost/damaged fee will not exceed the purchase price of the item.
- Damage fees will appear as a separate charge from the rental and will be assessed within 5 days of the item’s return.
- Damage fees will be charged to the credit card placed on file when making the reservation.
- Students/Members will be charged the daily rental rate for each day the equipment is past due.
- If equipment was reserved by another party and not available for their use, the renter will be charged the cost of the other party’s reservation.
- Late fees will appear as a separate charge from the rental and will be assessed within 5 days of the item’s return.
- Late fees will be charged to the credit card placed on file when making the reservation.