Jupiter Campus Recreation
The MacArthur Campus in Jupiter is proud to provide a wide variety of recreational opportunities for students of all abilities and interests. The Office of Campus Life, in collaboration with Campus Recreation, encourages healthy living and wellness activities.
Open Recreation Sports:
Open recreation team sports are played daily on the multipurpose field on-campus, weather permitting. All skill levels are encouraged to participate in open recreation. These sports include sand volleyball, basketball, flag football, soccer and ultimate Frisbee.
Student Government arranges a limited number of FREE gym memberships for MacArthur Campus based students during the main academic year (excluding summer terms).The current fitness center partnership is Gold’s Gym which is located on Donald Ross road. If you're interested in obtaining a membership please come to the Burrow Student Union (SR 151) Front Desk and complete an application. For more information on gym memberships contact Campus Recreation at 561-799-8451 or visit us in The Burrow SR-151.
Intramural leagues are organized each semester and are coordinated based on student interest. Past leagues have included: ultimate Frisbee, flag football, soccer, and volleyball. These leagues are open to all skill level but provide an environment in which competitive competition can occur.
Jupiter Campus Recreation & Campus Life office sponsor various activities throughout the year. Some past events have included the following activities, Faculty/Staff vs. Student Softball Game, Bike Trips, Bowling, Paintball, Catamaran Trips and Laser Tag.
On-Campus Recreational Facilities
Recreation Fields Rules and Regulations:
1. In order to use the Jupiter Campus Rec Fields you must obtain a Facility Reservation Application from for the Department of Campus Recreation.
2. Unauthorized use of the facility is prohibited and considered TRESPASSING.
3. FAU Owl cards may be verified at any time by the Campus Recreation staff, the FAU Police Department and/or other University staff.
4. Pets, golfing, glass products, alcoholic beverages, smoking, and smokeless tobacco are not permitted on the fields. Bikes must be placed in designated racks.
5. Vehicle traffic other than golf carts designed for maintenance is prohibited.
6. Any person engaging in disorderly or unsportsmanlike conduct shall be removed by the Campus Recreation staff, FAU PD and/or other University officials.
7. Facility is to be used as designed. Activities deemed dangerous, improper or that violate the designated/intended use are prohibited.
8. Goals and other equipment can only be moved by the Campus Recreation staff.
9. Any event that would like to serve food must contact Chartwell’s for catering information. Bringing in off campus food or another vendor is prohibited.
10. Please be courteous and place trash in appropriate containers.
11. Any misuse or vandalism of the Jupiter Campus Rec Fields or equipment should be reported immediately to Campus Recreation staff or called in to FAU Police Department at (561) 339-0015.
12. Users are responsible for their own safety while using the Jupiter Campus Recreation Fields and assume all risks associated with outdoor recreation activities.
Hours change each semester and are posted at the pool and The Burrow. Special events are held at the pool throughout the year.
The Recreation Fields are located behind the SR building. This is where open recreation and pick-up games occur. The fields consist of real field grass, and are maintained year round.
Tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts are located adjacent to the recreation fields. All three courts are lighted by timers to allow evening play. Benches are available, and showers are provided in the pool locker rooms.
Tennis rackets & balls, basketballs, frisbees, and soccer balls and more are available for check-out at The Burrow, SR 151, just bring your FAU Owl Card.
For more information regarding events, league coordination and/or field usage, please contact the office of Campus Life at 561-799-8696 or email email@example.com.