Scheduling Copy Jobs
The job priority and scheduling are based on a number of factors including the size of the job and available machine time. The following guidelines address job priority and scheduling. We have two copy centers on Campus to provide superior service to you. Please allow adequate time in your planning for any neccessary review or approvals from supervisors.
Turn Around Time
The University Copy Center can turn around most jobs in 2 to 48 hours based on:
- The time the order is received at the Copy Center.
- Other work in progress.
- The size of the job, special stock requirements, and the amount of bindery required.
Additional Scheduling Information
To help you understand how long it will take to run your job, we have provided the following scheduling information:
- Total number of impressions (originals x copies = number of impressions)
- Hand time required (odd size or bound documents, poor originals)
- Specialty items (special paper, tabs, binders, color copies, etc.)
- Bindery required to complete the project
- Other jobs already on the schedule
Time Estimate Example
Each of these items has a time factor associated with it. The more items included the longer the job will take. Here are 2 examples to help you understand scheduling using the 6,000 approximate impressions per hour run rate:
|JOB A: 25 Originals for 500 copies||JOB B: 350 Originals for 100 copies|
|25 x 500 = 12,500 impressions||2 hours||350 x 100 = 35,000 impressions||6 Hours|
|3-Hole Drilled||included||3-Hole Drilled||included|
|Stapled, Upper Left Hand Corner||included||Insert Binder Front and Spine||3 hours|
|Insert into Binders||2 hours|
|Total Machine and Bindery Time:||2 Hours||Total Machine and Bindery Time:||11 Hours|