interior image

Transient Student

Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letter students seeking to attend another Florida public institution (state college or university) in transient status are required to complete a transient student application to do so. Students must submit an electronic form via www.flvc.org . An instructions manual on how to complete the electronic transient student application is available by clicking on the graphic below. Please allow 24 - 48 business hours for electronic forms to be completed after submission.

transient graphic



It is the responsibility of the student to learn if a course taken at another Florida public institution is transferable as an FAU course equivalent. Therefore, we highly recommend that students meet with an advisor first to determine if the transient course will count toward a degree requirement. If the transient course is taken to fulfill a major or minor requirement, please meet with an advisor from your major or minor department. If the course is taken to fulfill any other requirement, i.e. IFP, major electives, certificate courses, etc., please meet with an advisor in the department in which the course is offered.

If you receive financial aid or scholarships, please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid to determine beforehand if funds can be used at the other institution.

 Last Modified 10/3/14