For complete catalog descriptions of our courses, please go to our course schedule (select 1. Term and 4. Languages Linguistic Comp Lit).
This is a partial list of the advanced courses we offer our students on a regular basis.
- Introduction to Hispanic Literature
- Latin American Culture and Civilization
- Spanish Culture and Civilization
- Latin American Women Writers: Literature and Film
- Introduction to Caribbean and Latin American Studies
- Latin American literature 1880 to the present
- Andean Cultural Studies in Ecuador (taught in Ecuador)
- Spanish Cultural Studies in Madrid (taught in Madrid)
- 'Love and Desire" in Latin American Literature and Film
- Orality and Writing in Colonial and Post-colonial Andean Literature
- Spanish American Literature from colonial until 1880
- Spanish Peninsular Literature from Medieval to 1800
- Spanish Peninsular Literature from 1800 to present
- Spanish Phonology and Dialectology
- Structure of Modern Spanish
- "Colonialism, Race and Revolution in Caribbean Literature"
- Commercial Spanish I and II
- Spanish Translation
- "Pop" Don Quijote
- Advanced Oral Expression