THE AVRON B. FOGELMAN SPORTS HISTORY MUSEUM
The museum will be closed until further notice.
Welcome to The Avron B. Fogelman Sports History Museum at the Schmidt Family Complex for Academic and Athletic Excellence at FAU. The Collection is considered one of the largest private sports libraries amassed by an individual. It was donated by Former Kansas City Royals owner and longtime Boca Raton resident Avron B. Fogelman.
The museum offers visitors a visual progression of American sports alongside vignettes of the country’s growth, providing historical context, opportunities for intergenerational connections and unique storytelling. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some highlights of the memorabilia on display include:
- The 13 original rules of basketball by James Naismith
- Babe Ruth’s pinstripe uniform pants worn on his first day as a New York Yankee in 1921
- Joe DiMaggio’s 1936 rookie uniform
- Roger Maris’ uniform worn in 1961 when he broke the single season home run record
- Hank Aaron’s uniform worn in 1974 when he broke the career home run record
- 1985 Kansas City Royals World Series Trophy
- Final cleats worn by football great Jim Thorpe
- Football signed by the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins
- The 1969 Ryder Cup Trophy
- Baseballs signed by sports legends, entertainers, politicians and historical figures
- Special “one of a kind” sports artifacts never seen before
FAU's Avron B. Fogelman Sports History Museum will offer visitors a visual progression of American sports alongside vignettes of the country’s growth, providing historical context, opportunities for intergenerational connections and unique storytelling.