Mission, Vision & Values
The AcCESS Program at FAU utilizes a holistic approach in assisting students in their second year, providing individually tailored support by way of intrusive academic advising, career counseling, academic support programs and faculty mentorship. By establishing a positive environment, we will provide students with the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to progress toward degree completion.
The AcCESS program at Florida Atlantic University aspires to establish a partnership with students that will enrich their educational experience and empower them to develop meaningful educational, career, and life goals.
- Promote academic success for second-year students
- Increase student engagement
- Empower students to become self directed learners
- Make decisions that are grounded in Student Development Theory
- Respect and value diverse life challenges, creating an environment that is inclusive of all
- Increase second to third-year retention rates
- Adhere to the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) core values