Engineering & Computer Sciences LC
Must score at least a 30 on the Aleks Math Placement Exam to be accepted.
Students majoring in Engineering must complete a rigorous curriculum, therefore support from other students is essential for student success. The Engineering LC will provide you the opportunity to study with other Engineering majors in the same classes, while learning about all of the exciting things you can do with a degree in the field.
Engineering LC students typically register for the following courses for the fall semester:
- English Composition I: ENC 1101 or English Composition II: ENC 1102 (3 credits)
- Learning Strategies & Human Development: SLS 1503 (2 credits)
- Learning Community Experience: SLS 1412 (0 credit)
- MATH Course. This will be based on your score on the ALEKS Math Placement Test (www.fau.edu/mathplacement).
- Fundamentals of Engineering & Lab: EGN 1002 (3 credits)
- Engineering Chemistry and Lab: EGN 2095 (4 credits) or Introduction to Chemisty: CHM 1025 (3 credits) or Changing Environment of Society, Business & Government: PAS 2258 (3 credits)
Classes/Times/Days are subject to change.